Friday, April 27, 2007

Blast From The Not So Distant Past

I watched the Rockstar INXS dvd today and it reminded me how much I love Suzie McNeil. I want her to become insanely popular and make dozens of records so I can have my own little Suzie collection.

Recently she released a music video called 'Hung Up', and I promise it's not a Madonna cover. I've linked to the video cause Crawl by Atlas has seen enough coverage for now hehe.

I'm glad she didn't win Rockstar INXS because it means she can do her own thing, but at the same time it irks me she didn't make it because she deserved it. Yeah it's great that JD Fortune doesn't have to live on the street anymore but my god was he an ass. I really think he won because he was the closest resemblance to the original singer, both vocally and in appearance. And I think that's a shame because there's no reason they couldn't have taken the band in a new direction.

Suzie also did a great job with Clay Aiken singing I Want To Know What Love Is, but unfortunately it's listed as a Clay Aiken song and she's just 'backup'. I couldn't find it on youtube except as music to an image compilation, but if you hear it, now you'll know it's Suzie :-)

Apparently all gay men need a Diva, it's like rule number one in the 'So you like boys' handbook. So I think I'm gonna have to choose Suzie!

Aaanyway, yay Suzie for releasing Hung Up, and hopefully there'll be many more to come.

P.S. I've just ordered a signed copy of her new CD, Broken and Beautiful!!! Whoot! You can also listen to a few of her songs on her My Space

No comments: